1.16.2011

Swedish Meatballs, OH YEAH~


I’m not a pasta person. I eat rice for breakfast, brunch, lunch, linner, and dinner. Which should explain why I don’t fancy pasta that much.


The first time I ever tried Swedish Meatballs was actually during my first year of college. It was in the East Lothian Cafeteria that I was introduced to this Scandinavian goody. They served it over egg noodle pasta, with three or four meatballs and a white creamy sauce to top it off. It had a good combination of saltiness and sweetness, the best of both worlds in my opinion. The salty meatballs and the sweetness from the milk gives this dish a truly unique flavor.

Pan-fried Meatballs
For the meatballs:
1 lb. Ground Pork
1 lb. Ground Chicken
2 Eggs
2 slices white bread/bread crumbs
4 cloves Garlic
2 small Onions
Salt and Black Pepper


not-so-round meatballs












  For the Gravy:
1/4 c. Butter
2 tbsp. flour
3-4 cups of milk
Meaballs in cream sauce


1 comment:

  1. Hmm i think you should actually write a process of how to actually make the meat balls and bread crumbs etc. :) I do like the fact though that you actually specify how much of what to use :) - Tina

    ReplyDelete